Whether your pet needs a routine spay or neuter procedure or requires a more complicated orthopedic or other surgery, we are ready to provide compassionate care using advanced surgical techniques.
Your pet's safety and comfort are our highest priority. All animals undergoing surgery are given pre-surgical examinations, laboratory testing, and
continuous intravenous fluid support. Your pet will be monitored by a certified or qualified veterinary technician and advanced monitoring equipment to assure their safety.
For those times when your pet requires more advanced surgery, we will refer you to:
At Blackhawk, we understand cost is frequently a factor in your pet's care. We want you to understand some of what goes into the cost for our surgical procedures. We want to do everything we can to minimize every pet's stress and discomfort.
NOT ALL SURGERIES ARE CREATED EQUAL
1) What kind of anesthesia will my pet receive?
2) Will my pet receive intravenous fluids while under anesthesia?
3) Will my pet be monitored by a Certified Veterinary Technician?
4) Will specialized equipment be used to monitor my pet while under anesthesia?
5) How will my pet's temperature be maintained during anesthesia?
6) Where will the surgery be performed?
7) Will separate surgical instruments, sutures, and drapes be used for each patient?
8) Will my pet receive post-operative pain medication?
Blackhawk Veterinary Hospital
1808 LaFayette Street
Janesville, WI 53546
For general information, questions, appointment requests, call us at:
For after-hour emergencies, contact Veterinary Emergency Service at: 608-831-1101
Monday 7:30am - 7:00pm
Tuesday 7:30am - 6:00pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday 7:30am - 7:00pm
Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm